Our annual 4th of July backyard BBQ was all about the good ol' red, white and blue. We used red and navy bandana's for the napkins and wrapped the silverware up and finished with a grosgrain ribbon. The mantel was decorated with an antique eagle and flowers from the backyard.
We came up with a easy way to make festive medallions only using paper napkins. They can be created for any occasion, just use printed paper napkins that coordinate with your party theme. It could NOT be easier!
DIY 4TH OF JULY MEDALLIONS
MATERIALS: Patterned paper napkins & a stapler, that's all!
1. Take one of the paper napkins and open it up flat.
2. Fold it about about 1" from the top (no need to measure)
3. Accordion fold the rest of the napkin at the same 1" thickness
4. Staple at the center
5. Fan it out and staple the ends together to create a half circle shape
6. Repeat steps 1-5, so you have 2 half circle fans. Staple the 2 together to create a full circle.
We served patriotic red, white and blue mini cupcakes from my favorite cupcake shop Swirlz Cupcakes
- with sparklers
toppers!! A very simple way to embellish your cupcakes is to add sparklers rather than the usual cupcake toppers. (Who doesn't love
a little sparkle!?) The adorable and delicious 4th of July Cookies by Caitlin were also a huge hit. They taste even better than they look.